For this post, I decided to explore some YouTube videos on the topic of astronomy. I have been seeing teachers use brief ā€œcrash courseā€ style videos in classrooms fairly frequently and have found they can communicate ideas in an efficient and engaging way. I wanted to try learning about a topic for myself through this process since Iā€™ve observed it being so effective.

I really enjoyed this video in particular, as it broke down some very complicated ideas and made them simple to understand, even for someone like me with no considerable physics background.

Iā€™m glad I tried out this approach to learning about a topic thatā€™s entirely new to me. It worked really well in terms of orienting me to a topic that would otherwise be relatively inaccessible to me. Iā€™ll definitely consider using videos like this in my classroom, especially when Iā€™m introducing an unfamiliar or challenging topic to students.